Assembly Minutes 09/05/2022

Submitted by belinda on Sun, 05/15/2022 - 19:56

MINUTES

Date: Monday, 9th May 2022

Venue: The Toronto Community Centenary Hub

Chair: Michael

Attendees: Michael H. (Convener), Brett, Ria, Michelle, Belinda, Tonia, Kerrie H., Miranda, Terry, Steve, Irene, Ian, Jackie, Kathy, Rachel, Leon, Rachel, Susan B., Maryke

Guests from Hunter CLA: Cheryl, James, Eric, Josh

Apologies: Judith, Pam, Helen, Marianne

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meeting opened by Michael and four members from the Hunter CLA welcomed.

Mission Statement and the four principles of Common Law read by Leon.

Minutes from previous meeting (2/5/22) read by Ria.

 

BUSINESS ARISING from Previous MINUTES

Soundproofing of the Hub. Michael reported that the Hub Committee were looking into options some of which included, carpeting the walls to deaden sound and more furniture to absorb sound.

 

GENERAL BUSINESS

  • Change of venue – Ria still to hear back from Teralba Community Hall; most halls in the area belong to the Council.

    ACTION: Steve investigating whether the Church Hall at Bolaroo/Speers Point would be suitable. Will need to check Indemnity Insurance.

  • Update on support for Freedom groups and Independents (Election). Tonia: a lot of teething problems with people on rosters not turning up at booths. Leon has set up a Google Docs sheet. Tonia and Leon liaising. More volunteers needed. Jackie talked about the ballot sheet. We need to get informed about the ‘unusual’ ones on there. Tonia applied for a postal vote to see what the ballot papers looked like. Jackie followed up with research.

  • Commonwealth Custodians. Belinda discussed the need for caretakers and where these would be needed. People now need to apply only in their electorate. She read out the latest information from Jojo and passed around a sheet with the website links and list of electorates around Australia still requiring caretakers. Queensland has filled all of theirs! Steve has unincorporated his name. Discussed Rates Notice – so many things available to us if only we knew/researched.

  • Stand in the Park – Brett would prefer to wait until the election is over and then discuss how to expand upon this. Discussion about how to display flyers about Common Law Assemblies. Use a folding card table? Terry has a portable table he can donate to Stand in the Park. Leon has seen a clever use of corflutes. If possible will take a photo to show the Assembly.

  • Handbook for Sheriffs.

    ACTION: Michelle to investigate.

  • Common Law Courts Training – 4 Modules: Common Law Sheriffs and Peace Officers; The 12 Steps of a Common Law Court; Convictions & Verdicts and Enforcement through Morality. Developed by Mike Holt. Course currently on sale for $24.99.

  • Section 44 of the Constitution. Information passed around the Assembly.

  • Signal forum: Assembly voted in principle upon a statement of rules for posting on the Common Law Signal group as posts should be confined to Common Law topics. Anyone posting outside CL parameters will be advised accordingly.

    ACTION: Brett will devise a statement to this effect to be discussed next week.

  • Purchase a copy of the Constitution? Some thought a digital copy was better as it is easier to do searches etc. Also, where would this copy be stored? Brett has scans of the actual Acts to establish the Commonwealth of Australia to put on the group’s website. These scans could possibly be OCR’d (turned into Word documents).

  • Put the Majors Last T-shirts. Leon distributed these. No ownership – just pass on to others at the polling booths.

  • Finances. Rachel said that the Friday night Social Group would like some of the funds raised when everyone met on Friday nights. Tonia replied that at that time the meetings were always Common Law related, and not everyone from the current Social group paid the weekly $5. There were also people from the Central Coast who now no longer attend on Friday nights. Rachel mentioned that the Social Group also want access to the microphone and speaker purchased with the funds.

Meeting ended: 7.45pm

Minutes taken by: Belinda

Next meeting: Monday, 16th May 2022